Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Doctor

Here's my news for today; I had my session with my Psychiatrist....and...it went very well.better than I anticipated.! The original plan was that I wasn't going to let on to her about the troubles I've been having; I didn't want any more changes to my meds..the side effects are just too rough on me (and I've had them all at one time or another)..the worst one to me has been weight gain.....I 183 lbs now..when I started out at 123.....I've tried EVERYTHING..every trick in the book to lose the weight, all to no avail.  I hate myself for being so obese and ugly.....well, it wasn't long everything came spilling out..Dr Hoyt knows her stuff (how to milk a patient for information)  Actually I'm happy that it did reveal itself; it's too hard to hold on to something and not tell.....She's trying me on Abilify, and said if it works then she will take the Clozaril away...apparently this new medication doesn't cause weight gain at all...I checked the information that came with it and will run a quick computer check on it as well.  I know I promised myself that I wouldn't try any more meds but this one sounds promising...I don't know what it will do for the mood swings, but I hope to God I can drop some of these pounds......being over weight is drastically hard on the body. 
I found her very easy to talk to this time.....we had more than 15 minutes thanks to a client cancelling out....and Lord knows I really needed it...had so much to share..I wound up spilling everything...(all my manias and depressions that started this summer)  I hope the Abilify does a good enough job so I can lose the Clozaril.

No comments:

Post a Comment