Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Significant Step

I'm so tired I can hardly see the keyboard without straining but I want to share the positive aspects of this day!  After weeks of staying very close to home; only venturing out to pick up my groceries and run errands,,,,,,,and attend the musical concerts on the greens with Rowena (I'd have never taken the initiative in my own)..today I finally summoned up some courage and determination and walked to the activity center where Bingo was scheduled for today!  I love Bingo as a rule but earlier this summer when my moods were fluctuating pretty strongly I decided not to go.  I had lost interest in it and didn't feel up to socialising either...so just like THAT I stopped going.  Well, today I made up my mind to take a huge step and go; it meant walking across town (which poses no problem for me because I love to walk)..I've been told that the longer one stays away from something the more difficult it is to return)  I have to say a more true thing has ever been said; it took me weeks to drum up enough courage to even think of going back.  Anyway, I'm really proud of myself; my day was wonderful, spending time with my friends and acquaintances, getting back into the swing of things!  I even won two very nice prizes for my efforts.  I need to keep my resolution up and not allow myself to drift away from these activities.  I don't deserve to become prisoner to my apartment; life is to be lived!  I watched Dancing with the Stars tonight and one of the dancers had gone through  afire; his face was badly deformed and one of his ears was missing....INSTEAD OF COWERING AND HIDING SOMEWHERE there he was dancing in front of at least a million viewers....!  He totally INSPIRED me......wow....I was floored when I saw him......he may not be the final winner but boy, he's a winner to me......Now if he, being so deformed can get out and dance like that then what am I capable of?  I have all my facilities, can get around, am not handicapped in any way....what am I capable of doing?  This man has left a lasting impression on me and I'm going to follow his brave lead and try to better  myself any way I can.  He's a HERO and I wish him the best of luck in everything he does.  God bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment