Sunday, 18 September 2011

Great Music

The highlight of today was the Harvest Jazz and Blues concerts that Rowena and I were very fortunate to be able to attend...the weather was perfect, sunny with a nice fall wind..thank God it wasn't rained out!  This festival started Thursday and many top-name jazz and blues groups were brought in.....they played under the big top tent and people were charged admission to see them.  Others were set up in front of King's Place, on the greens and other outdoor venues....the whole affair was a SUCCESS!  I was so happy to be able to see the concerts on the greens and take in the great music!  I'm not normally a follower of that music genre but I sure am when I attend the concerts and see them in person!  Sadly, this marks the end of the open air concerts; now we have to wait till spring until next year's lineup is revealed.
I'm in my third day of feeling very good without any depressive spells!  I'm trying to make the most of these days by being as productive as I can and taking the opportunity to get out of the apartment.  I know this doesn't last forever so I really try hard not to waste these days.  I was thinking strongly of asking Dr Hoyt to increase my Wellbutrin but I don't think that's the answer.  It would be if I were locked into depression and unable to come out.  I don't want any changes made in my meds; I'm already having to put up with side effects.....especially weight gain.  I feel so discouraged and angry too...nothing seems to want to help me slim down..exercise, watching my diet, ...nothing.  I often think seriously of not taking any more meds since I'm still swinging...but I don't dare stop them.  They have me hooked on them now..just like a dope addict.  I often wish with all my heart that I hadn't gone for help in the first place..but that's foolish thinking too.....I doubt if I'd still be alive if I hadn't sought the help.  Still..stubbornly I wish WISH I could find a way to lose the weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment