Monday, 12 September 2011

Sept 12.........Funeral

This was a sad morning for me; I attended Barb Taylor's funeral, and first thing I saw was an open casket with her lying in it.  Made me uncomfortable..it isn't as if I'd never seen an open casket funeral before.  I thought of her doing all the things around the building such as working jigsaws, sitting reading or knitting.  She was a private person but always had a smile and a quick "hello" whenever one spoke to her.  She was a sweet, gentle person, never hurt anyone, ever.  Then she had to be stricken by cancer and after fighting bravely for a few months she could fight no more.  Nobody can fight cancer; it's a death sentence.  I know there's a few like Mom and others who DID manage to beat it......but did they, really?  Cancer usually comes back and then it's the end of the line.  I WISH our lives didn't have to end up with death!  What are we here for if it all ends up with death?  Seems hardly worth it to try to live a decent life.  I don't want to die but my time's coming just as it is for every single living person on this planet. You see babies born ...and they too have nothing to look ahead to except death...where's the fairness in this picture?  I wish I hadn't been born at all, then I wouldn't have to face death.Such a waste of LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment