Saturday, 5 November 2011

Starting over

Well, it looks like I've been away for awhile...I was. Had a blow out due to the Abilify reacting with my clozaril..I don't think I was supposed to take both of the pills together, but I trusted in Dr Hoyt to know what she's doing.  She's really too young and inexperienced to be a psychiatrist anyway....and there's just no comparing her with the doctors on the ward.  They're not only experienced but brilliant as well and I trust them implicitly.  I was looked after by Dr Vayani and felt as safe as if I were in Mom's arms!  He was wonderful, kind, understanding with me.  I didn't even know I was becoming ill at all; just felt very very moody and half drunk...weird.  If it weren't for Julian across the hall I'd hate to think of what state of mind I'd be in today.  He called me into his apartment and told me flat out that something' was very wrong and that I should call my doctor..he outlined a lot of things that were showing up such as extreme blurring of my words, staggering alot.......and GET THIS....forgetting how to use my computer!!  I came home to mull it over and after ten minutes I called the Crisis centre who arrived here very very quickly and promptly took me to the hospital ER.  Apparently I was sick enough that they took me right in without the mandatory waiting period in the ER unit!  I don't recall exactly hat was done there but they discovered my medication balance was all  off , and my numbers weren't where they should be...They initially thought I had OD....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when that as the furthest tthing  from my mind...I suppose it didn't help much to have my previous attempts all logged in their files on me.The past never completely goes well..  Anyway in an attempt to summarise this, I was kept on the Medical floor before being sent down to Psych. My medications definitely WERE OUT OF ORDER so they were very helpful with getting me back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment