Monday, 14 November 2011

Speechless/ Flu shot

Another fall, another bout of laryngitis...serious laryngitis where I can't talk at all, it's all I can do to even whisper.....I had it now for three days hoping each day would be the last,,But no, it marches continually on and it will go when it's ready.  The sooner the better ; the Salvation Army wants me to sing a couple pieces when they come again next month and I'd really love to start practising, but not in this state.  FRUSTRATING!!!!!!  and it doesn't help any that my throat is so sore too...
On the more positive side I got my flu shot this afternoon so now that's one more thing out of the way and I'm protected against the nasty old flu.
Sharon took me to the food bank today and made another appointment
with me in two weeks time cause I couldn't do much talking with my throat bound up the way it is; it will be a house visit so I'm anxious to show her all the changes I've made in the apartment...maybe I'll have my Christmas tree up too.  I hope to make things nice and  festive here cause I'm not ENTIRELY alone...not like I was last year.
I got my recliner today too;Ralph brought it up and I was very happy for sure!  I waited quite a while for it and now the wait is over!  I really love it too; it's a smaller size one which  is perfect for this apartment; it feels so much more roomy and airy since I cleared out all of the stuff Paul had piled up here.......he hoarded a ton of stuff and it's taken me all this time to reclaim the apartment as my own. Nothing against Paul; I still miss him (when he was well) and we'd play cards and board games by the hour......but since this is my place I need to arrange it to suit me.  This little place is my safe haven and castle......I truly love it!!!!!
(I do wish my Rogers bill would come in soon....I'm afraid to spend any money without getting it paid..)...I have no idea how much I have left in the bank..I thought I'd find out by using my debit card to pick up some milk but it doesn't work that way.  I need to go to the money machine and make a withdrawal, even if it's only $20.....I need to know before Rowena and I go to the Walmart with Nancy this Friday..I don't want to go spending anything if I don't know what i have to work with!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment