Thursday, 2 February 2012

New Medication???????!!!!!!!!!!

I've been doing really well lately (minus a few bad days) and I didn't feel like doing any writing; I felt it would be just a repetition of one day after another.  In other words, boring.  The only reason I'm bothering with this tonight is that Dr Hoyt prescribed a new medication for me to take for sleep since my Temazepam  stopped working.  I was starting to stay up till 2 or 3:00 again......I don't mind a late night once in a while but too many of them can get to me.  I told her the Temazepam was doing nothing for me so she suggested Tryptophan.  I'm concerned about this because I'm  sure I tried it way way back when I was seeing Dr Fab...(1991-2001)..and for some reason I didn't remain on it....I don't remember what it did to me because I had a rough road trying different meds and now I'm doing as well as I probably ever will be and I don't want to screw it up.  If she prescribed it PRN then I can limit it to nights when I can't settle to sleep. See, she doesn't know me at all; 3 or 4 15 minute sessions don't give her much of a chance to get to understand how my illness is working and where I'm at.....so she doesn't know about the difficulty I had while trying new meds. I'm afraid to take it on a regular basis.  God, it would be terrible if this med screws my mind again.  I'll see what they say at the pharmacy when I go over tomorrow.  I really hope I'm not jumping from the frying pan into the fryer!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment