Sunday, 19 February 2012

does mental health system care at all?

First of all, Art did bring his friend (Donnie Clayton) up to meet me, vice versa; we were all together here in the apartment so nothing happened.  He seemed nice enough and looked pretty good too.  Anyway I did get a call from him on Tuesday night and we talked close to an hour, so I kind of thought maybe he was going to ask me out.  Anything to brighten up my life.  But I haven't heard from him since and life continued on.  No hard feelings. No broken heart.I can live without Donnie Clayton or any other man.  I have my independence for a reason and I certainly don't want to lose it!!  I can't live with ANYBODY.....the last two years have proven that!
My Tryptophan still hasn't been authorized by Social Services,and the Pharmacy said if these pills are not authorized then I'll have to pay for the ones I have been given the last week or so.....so I told them not to dispense any more to me; I'll get by without them some how.  I don't have a whole lot of money to spend out on things like that. (they must be awfully expensive so I'm worried about the cost of what I've already taken)  I've gone two nights without them and I haven't encountered any difficulties yet  Maybe I don't really need them after all.  I can live with that.
Second concern, more important than the pills is that I was informed that my monthly blood work has come to an end after all these years of being tested regularly for lithium and then clozaril!  I've been tested every month since 1994 and now all of a sudden the policy is changed...the appointments stop after a year, then have to be renewed by the doctor. I called Central Scheduling who passed me over to Dr Hoyt...I called her office and she's going to be away till Wednesday!  The problem is that if the pharmacy doesn't receive my  blood work results then they can't give me any more clozaril.  I was pretty worried for a day or two but now that Donnie's out of the picture I don't have to try so hard to remain well. I can be myself. The system's going to hell in a hand basket anyway.  I can't relate to Dr Hoyt.  How I wish I had Dr Shahid back or even Dr Vayani......I knew I was safe with them.  Now I don' t feel safe at all.  So much for maintaining wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment