Friday, 24 February 2012

Back on Track

Thank God I'm able to take my tryptophan again!  I'm feeling really well, and even more important I'm getting my sleep!  Getting the proper amount of sleep makes a huge difference to me especially because I'm Bipolar.  Anyway last night Rowena and I attended a supporter's meeting (we were with Nancy, Rick too)...each member of the Borderline (EID) forum group were asked to bring in their strongest supporters to learn what the illness is all about and the many ways in which we can further support them.  I found it very interesting but poor Ro was overwhelmed by it all.  You see, she didn't have a lot of schooling but she makes up for it in coping with life skills......she knows so much more than I do, and I'm supposed to be so "book smart" as I call it!  Ro really loves Nancy and she does everything in her power to  help her, and myself.  The meeting lasted two hours and I was so happy to get out for a while..much as I love my apartment it can become rather smothering.  I need to keep getting out or my illness will be triggered by staying alone too long.  I got out grocery shopping today with Ro  and restocked most of my supplies; I need to go back and buy a few more things......It won't be tomorrow thanks to a huge blizzard that's headed this way; it will be going full force tomorrow with lots of snow and strong winds......I wouldn't care but it's going to cancel out our Girl's Days.....we all look forward to those, and not having it will be such a loss.....I can find things to do; I have no problem there..but I really want to spend the day with Ro and Nancy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment